School Meals PARENT WORKSHOP – Coming to our school!
DATE: Tuesday, March 4, 2014
TIME: 7pm – 8:30pm
LOCATION: Eastview Cafeteria
Download the full flyer here – WellnessWorkshop3-4-14
Do you want to be a part of a conversation about school meals and want to learn more about school wellness?
Our food service director and a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) have prepared an educational and engaging workshop for parents to learn more about school meals and school wellness.
• Learn about the connection to healthy eating and academic success
• Taste test new school menu items!
• Engage in discussions on how to improve school wellness environments
For more information contact:
DeeAnna Serres: email@example.com
The workshops are part of the Meet the Challenge! Program in collaboration with the Iowa Department of Education and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and funded through a USDA grant.
This workshop will help you:
• De-bunk the old myths and share new truths about school meals with peers
• Explain how school breakfast improves learning
• Promote school breakfast for better academic performance
• Champion for school wellness changes in your district
• Share your passion for school wellness with peers