Warrior Dash Fall Fundraiser
The Norwalk PTO would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that supported the new 2016 Warrior Dash. It has been overwhelming to see all the support coming in forms of donations and also seeing all the faces that showed up to support all the students. The students had a blast! We are pleased to announce that we did reach and exceed our goal of $50,000. The final number is $48,141! That is amazing and will help Oviatt and Lakewood with many projects in the coming year.
Each classroom in each grade with the most amount of donations received $100!
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Squiers with $1404
- 1st Grade- Mrs. Innis with $1810
- 2nd Grade- Mrs. Phillips with $1418
- 3rd Grade- Mrs. Hoskins with $1445
- 4th Grade- Mrs. Sinclair with $1519
- 5th Grade- Mrs. Stucky with $1471
Donations received per grade level were as follows:
- Kindergarten- $9615
- 1st Grade- $11,704
- 2nd Grade- $9904
- 3rd Grade- $9427
- 4th Grade- $7180
- 5th Grade- $9594
Oviatt Warrior Dash – Fun Facts
- Students ran a total of 2,929 laps on Sept 20th which equals out to be 732.25 miles!
- On an average students received 9 bracelets (8 bracelets would equal 1 mile)
Lakewood students had a beautiful day of weather for their Warrior Dash. Students did four different obstacles where they received a bracelet for completing and then ran a lap around the school. When offered to run extra laps for extra bracelets most kids took the extra laps. With the obstacles and 1 lap they would have ran just slightly over a mile. Each extra lap was ½ mile. Many students ran anywhere from 2-4 extra laps.
Great job Oviatt and Lakewood! We are proud of the students for their perseverance during the Warrior Dash and their hard work getting donations that the schools will put to good use!
Thanks again and we are looking forward to the 2017 Warrior Dash Event!