Norwalk PTO will be kicking off Warrior Dash on Tuesday, Sept. 11 with packets coming home from school. This year the direct donation campaign will run for three weeks, with packet turn in day being October 2.
Lakewood Volunteer Information:
Lakewood’s Warrior Dash is set for Tuesday, Sept. 18. Please sign up to volunteer during a time your student is not scheduled to run if you plan to watch and/or participate with them. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities. You will also need to get registered as soon as you can with Keep-N-Track. This is a requirement to be a volunteer this year.
Oviatt Volunteer Information:
Oviatt’s Warrior Dash is set for Tuesday, Sept. 25. Please sign up to volunteer during a time your student is not scheduled to run if you plan to watch and/or participate with them. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities. You will also need to get registered as soon as you can with Keep-N-Track. This is a requirement to be a volunteer this year.
Additional information, including class schedules, can be here.
The Norwalk PTO Board has been working all summer long to get ready for the school year. Here is a little bit more about each of us:
- I’ve been involved with the PTO for five years. I have three boys: sophomore in college, sophomore in high school and a 4th grader.
- I’ve been involved with PTO for three years. I have third grader and a Kindergartner. I am also a teacher at Oviatt.
- I’ve been involved with PTO for seven years and am starting my seventh year on the board. I have a seventh grader and twins who are in third grade. Our family has a goal to travel to all 50 states together before my oldest son graduates from high school in 6 years. We have been to 22 so far.
- I’ve been an active volunteer for the PTO for three years, but this is my first year being on the PTO board. I have a third grader and a first grader. I am passionate about traveling and volunteering in my community, when not shuffling my kids around to various activities of course.
- I’ve been volunteering for the PTO for eight years and am starting my fifth year on the board. I have three girls: a 26 year old who is a traveling pediatric nurse, a ninth grader and a fourth grader. I am a softball mom, and I love it. There is nothing better than watching my girls on the field.
- This is my fifth year on the PTO board. I have a fifth grader and a second grader. We moved to Norwalk because of the school system and proximity to Des Moines, and couldn’t be happier with our choice!
- This is my third year volunteering for PTO and my first year on the board. I have a third grader and a first grader. I enjoy volunteering and giving back to causes I am passionate about.
- I have been involved with PTO and planned the Warrior Dash for three years with Lisa Moore. I have a fourth grader and a first grader. I also sub in the district and love to throw parties.
- This is my first year volunteering with PTO. I have a third grader and twin Kindergartners. I am an avid Hawkeye fan.
We need you!
PTO depends on the generosity of parents and teachers as well as Norwalk community members and businesses. Generosity of not only funds, but also time and talents. Please email us at email@example.com and you will be contacted.
Norwalk PTO invites you to join us for the first meeting of the school year – Monday, Sept. 17 at 6:15 pm at Lakewood Elementary. Childcare will be provided.
As the Norwalk community continues to grow, the PTO is evolving to better serve the school district. You will have the opportunity meet and learn more about each of the PTO board members. The board will also provide an overview of the projects and programs the PTO will be funding during the school year.
But none of this could be possible with you the support of the teachers, parents and community members. We need you! Generosity of not only funds, but also time and talents. Our main goal is to support the elementary schools by providing them with the tools and activities that are not allotted for in the general budget. To achieve these goals, volunteers are needed. If you can give an hour or ten, it is appreciated.
We will be sharing the various volunteer opportunities at this meeting.
We hope to see you there!
The Norwalk PTO invites you to join us for the last meeting of the school year – Monday, May 21 at 6:15 pm at the Lakewood Cafeteria.
You will hear about the many projects and programs funded by the PTO that has impacted the schools, students and teachers during the 2017-2018 school year.
As the Norwalk community continues to grow, the PTO needs to evolve to better serve the school district. During this meeting, the PTO executive board will unveil a new board and committee structure to better serve the schools. You will get the opportunity vote on the new board members:
Michelle Hines, Co-Vice President
Tara Badger, Event Chair
Betsy Stursma, Fundraising Chair
We will also be sharing the 2018-19 budget.
We hope to see you there!
Norwalk PTO received a $5,000 grant from the Warren County Philanthropic Partnership to make playground repairs at Oviatt this year. Norwalk PTO will match the grant.
Pictured: Amanda Fletcher, Co-Vice President, Norwalk PTO and Sheila Taylor, Principal, Oviatt Elementary School
A total of 45 applications were received and 26 projects were funded.
Thank you Warren County Philanthropic Partnership!